Once you've configured Artifact Filtering, your next step will be to review and update Comment Flow.
To enable and configure Comment Flow, click the 'Comment Flow' link on the Integration Configuration screen.
This will bring you to the Comment Flow screen.
If your collections support comment flow, you will be able to choose your desired Comment Flow style here. You can choose to flow comments bi-directionally or in a single direction.
Comment Flow can also be fine-tuned based on comment privacy levels if one or more repositories in the integration supports the notion of public vs. private comments.
Once you've updated the comment flow settings as desired, click 'Save' and 'Done' to save your changes.
Below are some details to be aware of when flowing comments:
- Tasktop will not process deletions of comments that have already flowed.
- When comments that have already flowed are edited in the source repository, a new comment will be created in the target repository containing the updated text. The original comment in the target repository will be unchanged.
- Synthetic Comments (auto-generated comments made when a new attachment is added, a status of an artifact changes, etc.) are not supported by Tasktop.
You can check our Connector docs to see which repositories support comment flow. If one or both or your collections does not support comment flow, you will see a notice like the one below:
- When your target repository supports impersonation, Tasktop will assign the comment to the proper user if it is possible to locate the user with the information provided on the source artifact.
In cases like this, your comment will appear as though it were created by the corresponding user, as seen in the comment below:
On the other hand,
- When your target repository supports impersonation, but Tasktop cannot locate the person with the information provided from the artifact in the source repository,
- When your target repository does not support impersonation,
Once you've completed your Comment Flow configuration, your next step will be to review and update your Attachment Flow.